A downloadable game for Windows
You will die. Many times.
But each death brings you closer to victory. Each drop of blood makes the next life that tiny bit easier. Collect the blood tanks to permanently boost your blood meter, collect the heart tanks to increase your heart count, solve the riddles to unlock all the secrets, and most importantly — explore!
And when you're nearly drowning in the ocean of blood you've left behind, maybe you will succeed.
Haemo is a top down action exploration game with a unique twist. It is complete, but I plan to return to it eventually and add in more content, more challenges, controller support and improved audio. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me (see below).
[left click] attack (hold to view attack range)
[right click] spray
Some general tips:
- Your blood meter (the line at the top) constantly goes down, but it drops faster when you're moving. The more blood in your meter, the thicker your trail and the more blood you are able to spray. Defeat enemies and collect white drops to fill your meter. If your meter runs out, you die!
- Spraying can show you the path ahead, but it costs you a lot of blood. Use it sparingly!
- Spinning red capsules are very difficult to find but they give you a permanent boost to either your blood meter or your heart count. Try to collect these whenever you see them!
- Don't be afraid to die! Running in blind and getting yourself killed can make your next run much easier.
- Hold left click to see which direction you're aiming and how far your attack reaches. If you're having trouble hitting visible enemies, try swinging at them and then taking a few steps backwards in case you miss.
- There are all sorts of secrets to uncover, and most of these can be found by looking for clues written in white on the ground. If a clue doesn't make sense, don't worry too much about it. Most hints become obvious once you've explored enough.
Click download now to get access to the following files: